468x60 Banner banner

16 October 2009

"Law Abiding Citizen"

Jamie Foxx
Gerard Butler
Bruce McGill
Colm Meaney
Leslie Bibb
Regina Hall
Michael Irby
Gregory Itzin
Christian Stolte
Annie Corley
Richard Portnow






R           108min           2009



A brilliant sociopath who orchestrates a series of high-profile murders that grip the city of Philadelphia - all from inside his jail cell - and the prosecutor assigned to his case who realizes he is the only one who can end the reign of terror. Written by Overture Films


Butler's performance had me gripped and rooting for him. Most would call him the villain of the story but I found him to be an anti-hero. He is charismatic and makes valid points. I felt that Foxx's Rice was too arrogant and never truly learned his lessons. Its more lip service to Butler's Shelton.

I think people will walk away from this film missing the point, Shelton was trying to make. I think people are too jaded to get the message. If Shelton were a real life person and had held Philadelphia in that kind of siege, it would have greater impact.

I was entertain from beginning to end. This was one of the better written thrillers. This films stays together from beginning to end. The ending made sense even if I didn't agree with it.

“Law Abiding Citizen” is a tour de force. Its one of those film that reminds me of that John Travolta speech at the beginning of “Swordfish”. If you don't remember or did not pay attention, go back and watch it. That speech and explosive are worth the viewing.


I give “Law Abiding Citizen” 5 out of 5.

No comments:

Search Results