468x60 Banner banner

19 December 2006

'Jet Li's Fearless'

Jet Li
Shido Nakamura
Betty Sun
Yong Dong
Hee Ching Paw
Yun Qu
Nathan Jones
Brandon Rhea

PG13           103min           2006

Jet Li’s Fearless is the story of Chinese Martial Arts Master Huo Yuanjia (1869-1910). Huo Yuanjia was the founder and spiritual guru of the Jin Wu Sports Federation.

The only thing that this film can boast is that its Jet Li’s final martial arts epic. Maybe his acting translated be in Chinese market better than the American market because I have never found his acting that impressive. This film to me didn’t bring anything new in his resume. It kept me thing back to his film ‘The One’.

As a martial arts epic it wasn’t that impressive. May its suppose to be because its based on a true story. If it was then it got lost in translation. Some may find it impress and most of the people that I found who were impress have not seen may martial arts epic.

Another thing that I didn't like about 'Jet Li's Fearless' was the subtitle. I really didn’t care for them as they distracted me from the action and took my focus from the film to the subtitles. If you are a fan of Jet Li then you may like it. For me it seem Jet Li had already did this and better in other film.

I give it 2/5 Gs.

No comments:

Search Results